SG Controls were awarded the design, programming, integration, testing and commissioning of the 12K expansion project for the Tasiast mine site’s process plant including a new process train and three power stations’ control systems.
As a result of our skilled, reliable and quality workmanship our scope was expanded to cover a rewrite of the control system for existing equipment, and its integration.
The integration covered major upgrades to the process control network, with over 30 Ruggedcomm network switches used in the dual ring topology and linking 14 M580 PLCs with Wonderware System Platform SCADA, plus multiple small satellite vendor systems.
We are currently completing upgrades to the power station as part of the ongoing expansions, with control system and network development underway and commissioning expected in November this year.
The ongoing scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls design drawings, documents and calculations
- Controls development of Process Plant and Power Stations
- Hardware and control system design, supply and install
- PLC, SCADA and Historian development, supply and commission
- New network architecture design, supply and commission including the supply of all cubicles
- Network upgrade and design changes for all brownfields network equipment
- Instrumentation, Smart relays and VSD configuration including commissioning
- Design and integration of over 52 vendor packages
- Start-up and commissioning
- Power integration manager and full on-site project delivery and operations support